RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

carbon..there was no gas leaks and unhooked two wire..coach…

carbon monoxide detector was beeping...
carbon monoxide detector was beeping, i turned off propane to make sure there was no gas leaks and unhooked two wire from the detector to shut it down. Now i am trying to rehook it up and am not getting anything. Does it when not working shut down propane from entering the coach. I am not getting any gas to our range.
6/18/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

That may be the LP detector and not a CO detector. And if so, yes...........it shuts off the LP flow. And the usual reason for it beeping is to alert you to the fact that the batteries are low and you need to address them. Best to check them and see if they need water OR if you haven't had them load tested in the last year to have them checked. Bad batteries and dirty cables account for most of the electrical problems we see here. If you need help in the detector I need a make and model number off of the unit so I know what we are working with here.

Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee. No limit as to time or number of responses. Your positive feedback is appreciated as that is how we are rated and paid.
The unit is a SafeTAlert Carbon Monoxide and Propane detector. We were plugged in to electric at a campground when this happened. Batteries show fully charged.
Then it does both..........it may be just the unit is faulty. They do go bad. I would verify that you have a good 12 VDC to the detector as there may be a bad connection someplace. Fuses can get bad connections in the slot. Hooking it up to a separate 12 VDC power source would tell you. Do you have a meter for some testing?
Have hooked up the detector again but do not get any lights on. I have checked all fuses to make sure i did not blow a fuse. Any suggestions?
Check to see if you have 12 VDC to the detector.............then that tells you which way to go.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Thanks for the bonus..........much appreciated! Please get back to me if you need more on this as it can be handled as a follow up. And please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Most of the time we can get you an immediate answer and save you a bunch of $$$ besides!