RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2011 Heartland 28 travel trailer...electric..cooling..camping trip…

Customer Question
I have a 2011 Heartland...
I have a 2011 Heartland 28" travel trailer. Plugged it in to a 110 electric source at home to start cooling the refrigerator (Norwood) in preparation for our camping trip tomorrow. The refrigerator will not turn on. I have done this before with no problems. Checked fuse, took off service panel (no apparent visual problems) and made sure the camper battery is charged. Switched to gas and the gas operation started and the freezer is cooling first, refrig has not started to cool yet. Anything we can check as owners or is this something that needs a repair technican.
Paula P
Gilbertsville, PA
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
5/24/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Paula........Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Be sure the coach is level. What model Norcold is the fridge? The data tag is on the inside. The LP pressure is supposed to be checked at least once a year at the tank regulator. Kind of late now to check that, but do it when you get back. Once I know what model you have I can grab a manual for you and direct you in some things to check for the AC mode. All follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.

N611RT

Serial Number 12977720

Go and CLICK HERE for a copy of the Norcold Service Manual for this model. You should have an error code on the AC if it isn't working. See that section. It does take quite a few hours to stabilize this. And open up the outside inspection panel and take a look around the burner area and see if you see any yellowish debris. When the LP pressure is correct you can actually hear a "dull roar" from the flame on the burner. Let me know if you need more here. R.J.