RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1988 fleetwood: interior lights..pumps ect..30 amp 110..rooftop…

Customer Question
I own a 1988 fleetwood...
I own a 1988 fleetwood jamboree. When the engine is running I have all interior lights and the pumps ect are working. When I plug in the 30 amp 110 I have nothing but the rooftop air conditioner.

Is there a main breaker box anywhere? Also how is the wire routed is it by romex or in conduit the the 110 power plug outlets?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
4/29/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

You will have a main power center where all the fuse and breakers are. I suspect in this coach that is probably a Magnetek product. Those have a dark brown cover that folds down and they are usually about 18" square. It should look like this one HERE with the cover open. Check the breakers to be sure they are all on. Flip them off and then back on. Then check the GFCI receptacles to be sure they aren't tripped. Push the button in on them in the center of the plugs. They have to be receiving power to operate. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee. No limit as to time or number of responses. R.J.
where will this be located Randall?
Near the floor level............usually in the kitchen area OR on the bed pedestal. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification