RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

fleetwood: dometic rm 2652. Blows fuse..fuse box..TRIED 12 VOLT ONLY…

Customer Question
Dometic RM 2652. Blows fuse...
Dometic RM 2652. Blows fuse in main fuse box (pioneer fleetwood 19 T-4) hAVE TRIED 12 VOLT ONLY AND 110 ONLY
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
4/18/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Does this fuse blow in the main power center when you turn the fridge on or just on one mode or the other? Do you have a multimeter that you can use for some testing? If not, the can be found at most automotive or hardware stores for about $15 or so. We may need that to track this down. Please get back to me with this and I can help you sort this out. R.J.

the fuse blows as soon as I insert it. I have an older AC/DC Multitester which I have never used.

Go outside to the inspection panel and unplug the fridge. Take the cover off the control module. Small black box. Remove the screw on top and then gently pry the side with a small flat blade screw driver and it will pop off. Remove the 12 VDC fuse.........there are two so don't mix them up. This will be the one marked that way. Now put another fuse in at the power center and see if it blows. Let me know what happens. R.J.

have box open the circut board is here. center fuse says 5 amp side fuse says 3 dont see 12VDC

It is the 3 amp fuse........the 5 amp is for the AC mode. Take the 3 amp fuse out. Put a new fuse in the main power center and tell me if it blows or not. R.J.

It did not blow
So that tells you the problem is in the fridge. Now disconnect the two leads in the upper left hand corner of the control board AND the one on the right hand corner. You push in the clip and it will pop out. Once you have those out insert the 3 amp fuse again. Result?
did what you advised put 3 amp in pluged frig plug back in nothing hppened fuse did not blow but I do not see any indication of power to it. There was a pig tail on one of the plugs from upper left that appeared it should be plugged in some where but was not
What about the fuse in your power center? Is that a 15 amp fuse?
yesyes, oops hit wrong tab
Did the fuse in the power center blow or not? If not.........plug in the top left hand plug on the board. That is the upper control board on the front of the fridge. Result?
fuse did not blow and auto light is now on
Plug in the thermister.........which is the plug right under that one in the left hand corner. I suspect that is shorted out and the culprit. Result?
fuse still ok and check light on
O.K.........plug in the last plug on the right hand corner which is for the gas valve. I have never seen that short out.........always a first time. Result? And go and CLICK HERE for a copy of the Service Manual for this model. I would print out a copy or at least Bookmark it so you can come back to it again any time. Great information in there.
Ok the other end of that where the wires plug into the valve was wery loose, I turned it till tight and pluged in fuse still ok and auto light on. Don't know if frig is working though
If the fuse didn't blow and you have it on auto it should come on AC mode. Try it and get back to me. R.J.

other than waiting for it to get cool is there a fas way to tell if it is working

The heating element should be getting hot............that just takes a few minutes. Or turn it to LP mode and see if it ignites and doesn't blow the fuse. R.J.
could not feel any heat in the back but turned on LP sounded like ignition and I can see small blue flame when I look in the tube where electronic igniter is
Then the LP mode works..............the heating element is that pencil shaped object with two wires that is on the side of the stack. See the manual. It gets hot right away if the fuse if good and it isn't burned out. R.J.
so if that did not get hot it needs to be replaced
Take your meter and be sure that it is getting 120 VAC to it. The breaker may not be on or the board may be bad or the 5 amp fuse blown. Then we will know what is the problem.
R.J.

the freezer is working for sure so I would think the frig will follow. I think we are good. I will follow up on the heating element.

freezer getting cold but the frig does not seem to be

It can take 6 to 8 hours for this to get fully cold...............see what it is doing in the morning.
R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Thanks for that most generous bonus............much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Most of the time we can get you an immediate answer and save you some serious $$$ as well. Be safe...........and get back to me if you need more. R.J.