RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

jayco 27 b travel trailer..ac..lights work what do i do

Customer Question
i have a jayco 27...
i have a jayco 27 b travel trailer the ac, microwave and refrigerator are out but the lights work what do i do?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
3/24/2012
RV Mechanic: Steve F., RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Steve F.
Steve F., RVIA Certification

Your ac, microwave, and fridge operate on 120V, whereas your lights work on 12V.

The first question is whether you have your trailer plugged in. You probably do, but I don't want to make assumptions. If your trailer is plugged in, then it's likely you have either lost shore power completely, or your main trailer breaker is tripped. This is assuming that all outlets and appliances are not working.

Look for your breaker box, which should be mounted in the wall near floor level. It should be a black plastic cover with breakers inside. If all the breakers are okay, you should verify whether you have power getting to your trailer at the pedestal

Steve F.
Steve F., RVIA Certification