RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

pilot: atwood rv 1732 range in my jayco greyhawk...awhile..smell…

Customer Question
I have an Atwood RV...
I have an Atwood RV 1732 range in my Jayco Greyhawk. When I try to operated the range after lighting the pilot and setting the temp dial it will fire for awhile and then the oven burner goes out and I smell LP gas. Any suggestion as to what part to replace? Is it the Safety Valve, Pilot Assembly, of the Oven Control Thermostat that I should be looking at.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
12/22/2011
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 10 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer.....

IF you are smelling the LP gas you could have a leak, the pressure is crucial for the stove to work properly, that should have a regulator at the stove. What I would do is get some LP leak spray. Spray all the fittings down, valves etc. If you have a leak you will see bubbles and that would be a problem area. Working with LP can also be dangerous and need to ensure that safety is used when repairing. Click HERE for some more information. Since you are smelling the LP I would still spray everything down. Also it may be hard for you but the LP pressure should also be verified with a manometer, a shop will charge just over a 1/2 hour to diagnose.... Without looking at it I would be looking at the regulator.

Hope this helps.

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!

Have a safe and Happy Holidays!!!

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic