RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1998 patriot: beaver..moter runs and seems to have pressur…

Customer Question
beaver 1998 patrot thunder 425...
beaver 1998 patrot thunder 425 single slide slide is out will not come in moter runs and seems to have pressur
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
12/5/2011
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 10 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer.....

So you are saying the motor is coming ON and the room is not moving, and this is a hydraulic operated room? Do you know the manufacturer? Might be HWH or power gear or something else.

Thanks, Robert

i beleve it is HWH the slide uses the same hyd system as the leveling jacks and the jacks work fine i suspect the sequencing valve or solinoids can you send me a diagrahm of the system and part no's

OK

I can try and get you a print, I would be looking at a solenoid valve on the pump/motor. There should be a valve for the extend and one for the retract, what you can do is swap the wires and then go inside and hit the extend and it should retract if that solenoid valve is bad. The solenoid valve will have a T handle or small 1/4" or 5/16" nut on the end of the valve, you open that up to take the pressure of the system. Sometimes when you open them the room will creep in or out depending on which one you open up, I will see about getting you a manual but will take me a few to figure out which one you have, that is HWH..

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

OK

Click HERE and see if this is what you have, if not and it is a HWH system it will show you what the valves look like, as you will see the troubleshooting for "pump runs but room will not retract".... Most all the systems (hydraulic) operate on the same principal and have the same components. IF for some reason this is not a HWH system please contact me with the manufacturer of the slide room and I still may be able to help out, I do know Monaco did use them...

Robert