RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I would like to open an rv park for 50 motor home

I would like to open...
I would like to open an rv park for 50 motorhome. how much each pad would cost? sewer line, electricity,concrete etc. Does each pad only needed a 50 and 30 amp? is location the same on the pad regardless of lenght of the motorhome? Thank you very much!
11/28/2011
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

This is not the kind of question we can answer in full here as to the costs. Too many variables in this. No way for us to know how much the labor rate is in your area and the cost of concrete just to name a few. Check with some local contractors to see what those would be and get some bids when you are ready and it would be helpful if they have done one before. I can give you a few pointers though...........

The pedestals should be for 50 and 30 amp at least and adding a 20 amp outlet is a good thing as well. Some 30 amp coaches use an additional 20 amp plug. This gives you the ability to serve any kind of need.

Pull though spaces attract a lot more customers than back in spaces. Lots easier to get in and out and less time to hook up. This does take up more room though. And plan on some permanent spaces. Those don't have to be pull through. Be sure they include tv service. Great if you can get a good mobile tech to live on site or close by. We see that need here every day for those who can't make some easy and quick repairs. Once your customers know you have that it will be a big draw..........especially for locals and permanent spaces.

The pads don't have to be concrete or paved unless your area is really wet and muddy.
That adds to the cost very quickly. Trees are a real plus for shade and the amenity value. A nice laundry facility is a huge plus as is a recreation room. I would plan to go to a number of parks and see what they have for layout so you get some ideas of how best to utilize the space you have. You might start with a smaller number of spaces and add more as your park becomes well known. Plan on some money to advertise in the RV publications unless you feel most of the spaces will be locals.

Hope that is helpful.............please get back to me if you think of some other questions as follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification