RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Navigator: norcold..my 2007..factory..cooling and I lost about 30#

Customer Question
I have a Norcold MRFT60...
I have a Norcold MRFT60 refrigerator/freezer in the belly of my RV. It came with my 2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator but I don't know if it was a factory install or one that the dealer put in and used for a show model.
The unit has worked well until this week when I checked inside and found that it was not cooling and I lost about 30# XXXXX frozen meat. Smelled bad too. I could hear sound coming from the unit and the light was green on the switch but no cooling.

Is this a unit that can be repaired at a reasonable cost or is the only solution a new unit?

Your response will be appreciated
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
11/23/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

I think this was something added by a previous owner............and go HERE for what is the Service Manual for this series. See the trouble shooting section and then get back to me with a full description of what you have found. We can go from there. Some of these no longer have parts available, but I don't know for sure if this is one of those. R.J.
Relist: Other.
Not satisfied with the answer. Prefer to cancel my account. Please acknowledge and do not charge my credit card.