RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic..cooling..my converter is only outputing 5.8 vdc…

ihave a dometic DM2852 2...
ihave a dometic DM2852 2 door refrigerator not cooling. i have found that my converter is only outputing 5.8 vdc. the refrigerator has a good 120vac supplied but the dc voltage at the two point terminal block has only 5.8 vdc. I know I have to fix my converter but would that cause my unit to not cool ? Also the PCB board located where I am checking the dc voltage is making a contant fluttering sound and can be felt to the touch.
11/5/2011
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 10 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
The low voltage is causing your problem,without 12 volts to the fridge,the control board will not work properly,the 110 volt relay for the element on the fridge will not stay closed,the gas valve will not even open under 10.5 volts,if you have a battery charger,put it on the batteries until you replace the converter,this will allow things to operate correctly.
gene
gene, RV Mechanic