RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold..within seconds..no green LED indication on, no fault codes…

Customer Question
Re. a Norcold 1210 refrigerator...
Re. a Norcold 1210 refrigerator, it is turning itself off within seconds of me turning it on. That is the panel goes dark, no green LED indication "on", no fault codes. This happens whether starting in AC, LP or AU mode. As the frig is turning itself off, there is a "click" coming from the circuit board located in the outside access panel. The Norcold recall installed high temperature cut-out device is installed. The frig has been working ok and just today starting the stated problem.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
10/29/2011
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 10 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer..

On that recall that was done, do you see a small square black box clipped onto the coils underneath the outside cover? IF so is the Red led light on? How long ago was this recall done?

Thanks, Robert

The LED on the clipped on box is not on. The recall work was done over six months ago. Also, AC and DC power appears to be fine though I have not checked with a meter.

OK

This is not good I have done some of these recalls and it depends on which style control box you have to wire that high limit. I have heard on a few occasions that if it is not wired correctly that it could damage the control box. With the power not coming ON inside is bad. Normally if that LED is ON the fridge will turn on but not operate. I would check all the connections and focus on the wires going into the control box and sensor.

I would verify the voltage at the control box, it should be marked you can pull the wire off and verify it is good. Verify the fuses under that box also.

After that I would have that board tested to see if it is good. IF you would like a service manual on this let me know...

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Robert, I'll take you up on your offer of the Norcold service manual. Thanks.

OK

Click HERE it might take a min. or so to load up as it is a PDF file...

Robert