RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

A atwood water heater model #G6A-8E that go into lockout after burning…

Customer Question
Have a atwood water heater...
Have a atwood water heater model #G6A-8E that go into lockout after burning for about 8 second. It was working OK the last time I used it.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
10/1/2011
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 11 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer...

That is good you checked the gap for the igniter, it sends a signal back the the board and will shut down the water heater if it does not detect flame, make sure the ceramic is also not cracked on that spark probe. I would also clean everything out with some air.

Pull the connector on the control board and clean the contacts on the board with a pencil eraser. Many times a poor connections can cause problems, also low voltage, so make sure you have good house battery voltage. HERE is a manual that will help you troubleshoot. It covers a few models so make sure you scroll down past the LP only units. IF everything checks out it could be the board and most RV shops can test them out. Some do charge a small fee and others do not.

Hope this helps.

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic