How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nick Your Own Question
Nick, RVIA Certification
Category: RV
Satisfied Customers: 664
Experience:  5 years RV repair and reconstruction, Fleetwood RV Training course completion.
Type Your RV Question Here...
Nick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2001 27 ft mallard where is the converter

Customer Question

I have a 2001 27 ft mallard where is the converter
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Nick replied 5 years ago.
on most of them, the converter is part of the breaker panel. if you remove the cover from the front of the breaker panel, the bottom section should be the converter. this section is removable but some were discontinued and the entire breaker panel needs replacing. depending on your model number of the breaker panel.
if it is not there, then you have a standalone unit. this is usually mounted close to the fuse panel, usually requiring a panel removing. but I'm pretty sure on the mallard they were all part of the breaker panel unless it has been changed before.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found it it is a stand alone and is located under a drawer I had already purchased and replaced it by the time your response came through