RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dumping..our tanks this weekend after camping, I..wasnt working..AC…

Customer Question
While dumping our tanks this...
While dumping our tanks this weekend after camping, I checked our fridge and it wasn't working on gas. There was a very strong odor of ammonia when I checked it. When I got home, I put it on AC and it still doesn't work. Circuit breakers are okay. Do I have a coolant leak? It's model no. AM8501 in a 2010 Airstream 22' Sport. Purchased 12/6/2010 so it should still be under warranty. Is there a Dometic service center in Boise, ID that I can have the warranty work done? Also, the owner's manual refers to a fuse. Is there a fuse somewhere on the body of the fridge that I should check? Thank you,

Jim Baldwin,[email protected]

PS I did register the unit upon purchase...
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
8/18/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Jim.........Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

It does sound like you have had a cooling unit failure. Odd on that new a unit. Contact the dealer or go to Dometic. And any dealer who is registered with Dometic can repair this.
I would be very surprised if there weren't one in Boise. Dometic can be reached at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand have the model and serial number ready and product number. They should be able to direct you to the dealer who can replace this. Please get back to me if you need more help on this. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification