RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

norcold 4 door Refrigerator/Freezer - instead of staying on ac or lp…

Have a Norcold 4 door...
Have a Norcold 4 door Refrigerator/Freezer - instead of staying on AC or LP there's an error reading of "no co" Can you tell me what that may mean
8/15/2011
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 11 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael hi the 4 door norcold is a 1200 Lrim if I am mistaken about the model,,,,,please let me know............This unit is subject to 'false positives' relating to the no co (no cooling) fault................So what I want you to do is preform the reset proceedure I send you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and lets see if the refer behaves itself Click here You will need to go to the back of the refer, and at the control module lower lft, follow the instructions exactly, and this will reset the code, and allow the unit to cool if there are no other problems...........

Thank for the information but I'm unable to go through the procedure that you sent until tomorrow morning as it's now after midnight, almost 1am. Once I'm able to complete this, I will come back to the site and send further information.

Thank you for responding, and that is fine, get back to me whenever its convienient and after you have done the proceedure....................thanks..........Michael

Thank you for the assistance - we actually didn't have to go through the procedure. We had shutdown the refrigerator last night after speaking with you and planned to go through it this am. But by shutting it down and leaving it off for the night it reset itself and is now working fine. My husband says that worked the same as the reset procedure you suggested.

Hi, thank you for responding, what will happen now is that the refer will reset itself 3 times,,,,,,,,,,if and when you get the noco code...............after that you will have to do the 'hard reset' which I have given you the proceedure for..................keep it in your records............Thanks
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician