RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

hi therei was just told that my norcold refrigerator Model DE-250…

Customer Question
Hi there I was just told...
Hi there

I was just told that my Norcold refrigerator Model DE-250-D is broken. It measures 20.5" x 18". I tried to find a replacement online but could not. Do you still offer this model, or - if not - which one would you recommend buying instead? What price range am I looking at? I use it in a 1978 VW camper bus and it is charged through a 12V battery.

Thanks for your help. I would appreciate if you could reply [email protected]
Dirsko
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
7/30/2011
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 11 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael, hi do you still require assistance?

Thanks for your response. I am curious to hear what you think. I will be in and out of the house todaý and check the email for the specific questions you may have.

Dirsko
Hi, thanks for getting back to me,,,,,,,,,,you are correct in that the unit you have is NLA, and that size for one reason or another is also NLA...............Now this is common in the rv industry.......................what we want to do is measure the spot it is installed in, and see if there is any room to enlarge the height of the refer hole in the cabinet,,,,let me know...................and we WILL find you a refer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hi - the maximum space I could manage is an opening of 20" wide x 21" deep x 21"heigh

What do you think?

Dirsko
Thanks I'll ck out what we can get with thoes dimensions....................
OK - let me know what you find. Thanks, Dirsko
This is not as wide as yours, however it fits the peramiters, and there is not one with the width and the height of yours.................
Norcold 322/323 RV Refrigerator
Total Capacity (cu.ft.)
Freezer Capacity (cu.ft)
Height Dimensions (in.)
Width Dimensions (in.)
Depth Dimensions (in.)
Shipping Weight (lbs.)
Standard Power
Power Options

Amperage:
322 120v AC
323 120v AC
323 12v DC

1.7
NA
20-5/8
17-1/2
21-1/4
50

120vAC/12vDC/Propane*

1.4
1.4
11.7

Click to view Norcold 323
click image for
larger view

We can ship this refrigerator rapidly to anywhere in the world at the best prices! - contact us for a free, no obligation quote - click here

322
120vAC/Propane*

$494 + shipping

323 120vAC/12vDC/Propane*

$515 + shipping

Features: Easy-to-operate manual controls with Piezo gas ignition - Adjustable, removable shelves with tall container storage - Easy to clean, durable white, powder-coated shelves - Three year manufacturer warranty. *Propane= LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas)
Hi - I looked at the picture and saw that the door opens to the right. The hinge on the old one was on the left, so that the door could be opened to the left. The problem is that just infront of the refrigerator is a seat that can be converted to a stove (propane). The space between the fridge cabinet and the seat is about 24 inches. I guess I could open the door as much as I could - I assume I should NOT put the refrigerator on it's top surface, right? Dirsko
The hinges on the units are reversable,,,,,,,,,,,,may take a special kit but can be done................I dont understand this statement, please clarify "I should NOT put the refrigerator on it's top surface, right? Dirsko" thanks
Hi Michael

Well, I thought if I put the refrigerator upside down, the door would open to the left. Good to know that hinges can be reversed.

I appreciate your help a lot.

Dirsko
Funny thought,,,,,,upside down..........................Wishing you well......Michael
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician