RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Endeavor: LE..motor home..air conditioner..rear with floor vents…

Customer Question
I need a replacement unit...
I need a replacement unit for my 1996 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE motorhome. Unit is a basement type air conditioner (14,000 BTU), motorhome has one uint in front and one unit in rear with floor vents.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
7/28/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Is this one not repairable? What is the make and model of the one you have now? R.J.

The compressor is bad and the only compressor I located is $660.00, the unit was made in 1995, would like to replace the unit if possible.

Duo Therm Product #991741808; Model #39125.601; serial #54119396

14,000 BTUs

Let me do some checking on this to see what the best upgrade is and get back to you in the morning. That is one that pretty much doesn't have much left in the way of parts as to the availability unless you go to some suppliers of A/C parts. R.J.

Okay, I'll look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

I should have something for you before noon. R.J.
That would be great
Back later this morning............
Dometic has no replacement for this..........they have quite making basement units. I talked to Coleman and theirs won't interchange. So the option is to have yours rebuilt or go to a rooftop unit. Sorry the news wasn't better. Please let me know if you need more on this.
R.J.
Where can I purchase a compressor. The unit was madby Duo Therm, compressor numbers are:Tecumseh RK147AT-002-A2; RK5512E
That would have to be from an HVAC specialty house. And you should be able to cross that with another brand. Go HERE for that. Lots to choose from. Try an HVAC dealer in your area and I will check a few as well. I did find one HERE on Amazon for about $450. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Thanks for your help
You are welcome...............and thank you for the nice bonus............much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Most of the time we can get you an immediate answer and save you a bunch of $$$ as well. Please come back again if you have another issue "down the road" and be safe! R.J.