RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Fleetwood: My wife finds the fridge is not deep enough

Customer Question
I presently have a 2004...
I presently have a 2004 Terry Fleetwood 5th wheel trailer. My wife finds the fridge is not deep enough. Is is possible to obtain a deeper frig or a taller frig.( We have lots of room for a deeper frig.] The present size of our frig is approx. 24"wide and 54" high. Our 1999 Citation had a much deeper frig. We do spent the winters in Texas and my wife would love more room for the food and the beer.
Thank You very much
Ray Lalonde XXXXX, Ottawa Canada
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
7/25/2011
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 11 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael, what is the model number of the refer, and manufacturer, and is there any room above the unit to the ceiling???????

The manufacturer is Demetic I don't have the model number with me because it is at the lake I have lots of room above the existing frig. All I have to do is cut a portion of a cupboard door. I have been looking for RV frig on the Internet and when they mention depth do they mean inside or outside measurements. I would have no problem extending the shelf forward where the frig presently sits if I could find a frig that has a greater depth.

Good the room is what you have to gain,,,,,,,,the depth is of the outside of the unit,,,,they have gotten much better with size inside the refers, as they have recessed the doors, and made the walls of the units with more updated material for insulation,,,,,,,The only way to get a greater depth is to go to a house hold type of refer, and that is not very practical if you do dry camping..................when you get the model number of your unit,,,,,,,,,there is a comparison chart available the once viewed, you can see the cu ft of that refer vs the new units available,,,,,,,,,,,It would be nice if you could put in a double door, but that means going to the side, and that is not always possible.........

I will get back to you next week with the model number of my frig. so that you might be able to tell me which larger frig. I can replace it with. I am going to the lake this weekend. Talk to you later

Thanks , looking forward to hearing from you then.........Michael

I now have the model number and dimension of our refrigerator. Brand Dometic Americana

Model RM 2652

Overall dimension Height 54-21/32

Width 24-7/8

Depth 26-1/32

My basic question is can I buy a unit with the same width with greater height? I have an extra 18 inches availabe at the top.

Thank you for all your help

click here this is the dometic replacment, in height the most added space @ 63" in height...............click here this is the norcold replacment this unit comes in @ 60" in height.....................the norcold is 7.5 cuft , the dometic is rated at 10cuft
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician