RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

g10: class a motor home..coach..I check with 12volt tester..thermostat…

Customer Question
I have a class a...
I have a class a motor home with a 10 gal lp atwood water heater model # XXXXX
it is an 2002 model. when i turn on the switch inside the coach sometimes it will fire
sometimes not. I check with 12volt tester and get voltage from the brown wire from the
thermal cut-off and voltage from the thermostat. i have cleaned the harness connector
on the circuit board, still the same. Is there a way to test the circuit board before
replacing it? and what is the correct replacement board for this unit, S#-94102006208.

thanks for any help.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
6/27/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Before you do this you want to have the LP pressure checked at the tank regulator. This needs to be done at least once a year. Low LP pressure is responsible for many ignition problems on LP appliances. You can take it into any shop to be tested and adjusted. Left hand threads on the sleeve nut. Unscrew it off the hose. Be sure to drain any "honey" out of the line which collects at the lowest point just like a sink drain. This looks like used motor oil and is caused by the reaction of ethyl mercaptan and the neoprene in the hose. The LP has to go through this and that can cause ignition problems. Once you have this checked out if you are still having issues get back to me. If you do need a new board you want to be sure and have yours tested first. The igniter may just need adjusting. R.j.