RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Therefrigeratorin my camperisa DometicRM2310..cool..rust…

Customer Question
The refrigerator in my camper...

The refrigerator in my camper is a Dometic RM 2310. It cools perfectly on 120V, But does not cool on LP or 12V. I just cleared the flue and it did have some rust from condensation. After cleared the flue and blown it all out. Pilot starts first click and burns nicely. I have ran it nearly 4 hours and I don't realize any cooling. When the unit is running on 120V, the cooling coils are all to hot to hold your hand on. Now with the propane lit the lower line is only hot 6 inches from pilot. The rest on the cooling system is barely luke warm. Unit is almost perfectly level. I wonder if I am just not getting enough fire. The thermostat is set on max. Any suggestions? Thanks

Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
6/24/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

This sounds like you don't have the correct LP pressure at the regulator. This needs to be checked and adjusted at least once a year. You can take the regulator off and into a shop to be adjusted if it is an adjustable model. Be sure to drain out any "honey" out of the line while you are at it. This collects at the lowest point like a sink trap. It is the byproduct of ethyl mercaptan and neoprene from the hose. It causes the LP to have to surge going through it. If you still have issues once you get this done get back to me and we can look further. Most of the time this will resolve this. R.J.