RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My rv and it will not cool on ac or lp gas..fault code..temp sensor…

Customer Question
I have a norcold n621...
I have a norcold n621 fridge in my rv and it will not cool on ac or lp gas and has a fault code "o" which I have been told is "cooling unit high temp switch open". My fridge has no temp sensor, which I was told some units do not have, so I was told to use a jumper wire from pin #1 to pin #3 to ground out and clear the bad fault code. I have the new control board that has two pin plugs (10? & 6?) and not one 16 pin plug and I can not figure out where to jumper
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
6/22/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

What is the part number on your board? It is a 6 digit number beginning with a "6" and the new style is a 628661 board. Get back to me with this and I can get you to the correct method. R.J.

Hi

The number I found on the upper part of the board is 628661.

Thanks

Go HERE for that reset.............and be sure that the fridge is level. This is critical. If you are operating this on LP mode you need to be sure that the LP pressure at the regulator is good. This needs to be tested and adjusted at least once a year. Any RV shop can do this for you and you can take it off and into them if that is more convenient. Low pressure leads to a low heat flame and poor cooling and this can lead to a NC code. Go HERE for a copy of the Norcold Service manual for this model. Very handy to have. I would print out a copy or at least Bookmark it so you can come back to it. Get back to me if you need more as follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi

I got the fridge working again, I had to call into to norcold help line. I found out the "cooling unit high temp switch open" code "o" can come up on fridges with no temp sensor. They said to jumper the two limit switches together and it would clear the code, took 2 minutes to make up a jumper wire and the code cleared and fridge fired right up. I think the reset you gave me was for a "no cooling" code "n" code but thanks for you help regardless.

Thanks

You are welcome..............and thanks for letting me know. Glad you got it going. All the best, R.j.