RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2004 fleetwood: electrical problems..wire shorted..panel under..hood…

Customer Question
we have a 2004 fleetwood...
we have a 2004 fleetwood discovery, having electrical problems after a wire shorted out. this has been fixed and we have the electric to a/c and frigerator and the outlets that had the reset buttons on them, but we cannot find any other breakers except those in the panel under the bed. there is supposed to be a breaker under the hood but cannot find. something has been blown and we do not no where to look, please help.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
6/21/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

What isn't working and is this a 12 VDC problem or a 120 VAC problem? Please elaborate on this. R.J.

it is a 120 vac problem, alot 110 not working, kitchen, front living area, drivers compartment some outlets also not working.

Check all the GFCI outlets to see if one has tripped. Push the button back in and if they are good and the power is on they will reset. If not, then you may need to replace them.
There will be one in the kitchen and on one in the bathroom and maybe one more. Go HERE to see one............yours may be a different color. Let me know what you find and we can go from there. A multimeter will be very useful for this. R.J.
no power to the outlet in the bathroom at all. is there a 50 amp fuse somewhere on the coach? my husband has been checking all the lines wiht multimeter. It seems to be a problem that can be resolved by switching breaker on and off or replacing a fuse somewhere.
You can check all the service breakers in the service panel. Start there and have him verify that there is power our of each breaker. If so then you have to take the bathroom GFCI out and see if there is power TO it. If so and it won't reset then it is defective. Be careful not to install a new one backwards as that can happen. Pay attention to the instructions. Get back to me if you need more help on this. R.J.

we have done all of this before, will check again. What is frustrating is not finding any breakers under the hood where book said one would be. Thank you for your time, but we are not satisfied with help.

There is not any AC breaker under the hood. Best to give Fleetwood Customer Service a call at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand get a complete set of wiring diagrams for your coach. Be prepared to give them your VIN number. This will help you locate what you need. With a multimeter you should be able to track this down quickly. I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something if he wants. Not all of them work here every day so I don't know when that will be. R.J.
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 11 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael , Randall has asked me to step in as I have your wiring diagram, what model is your coach? Its listed on a data plate outside by the drivers window..................