Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I need a wiring schematic for a 1990 fleetwood bounder rv.

Customer Question

I need a wiring schematic for a 1990 fleetwood bounder rv. Where can I purchase one?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

This can be several problems. One may be the batteries and those should be load tested and checked for shorted cells. Replace any cables with corrosion between the wiring and the terminal ends. For copies of the wiring schematics you can give Fleetwood Customer Service a call as 800 322 8216 and give them your VIN number and then can fix you up. Get back to me when you get these and the batteries tested and we can go from there if needed. Follow up questions are included in our fee. R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i got the schematics from fleetwood. thank you. i have determined that the problem is with the ignition switch. All other functions work with the switch except the starter. the colors of the wires comming from the switch are brown, yellow, pink, red, white and pink.
which of these two are for the starter relay. i would like to install a push button starter switch. which two of these should i tie into?
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Those should show on the schematics..............I don't have a set so I can't say for certain.
Actually you don't need to do that all. Just a hot lead from the battery to the push button switch and then a lead to the start solenoid. I did this not long ago on my old Dodge when the key switch went out. Any parts house has a push button switch like this. That way you don't have to mess with the switch wiring. R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I feel stupid. I located an auxiliary emergency start button on the dash. This also does not engage the starter, so i conclude that the problem is not with the switch but probably the "isolator relay delay" or the solenoid located on the starter. does that sound about right to you?
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
That may be...........you do have to be sure that the batteries are in the "loop" first. Then the "aux start" can be used to tie them together for extra starting power. What happens now when you try to start? R.J.