RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

All breakers and fuses in the camper are on and intact

This morning all of the...
This morning all of the receptacles on the left side of my 2007 28rls went out as I turned on my coffee maker. All breakers and fuses in the camper are on and intact. The outside power is on and intact. The only gfci breaker I can find is on and intact and is operating the port side receptacles fine. Is there a hidden gfci that I am not finding?
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/12/2011
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 11 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer.

I would first go to the breaker panel and physically cycle every breaker, sometimes they will not looked tripped. Normally the GFCI'S are located near water sources such as the kitchen or bathroom area but from my experince they can be almost anywhere including outside. IF you do not find a tripped breaker or GFCI I would check the polarity at each outlet with a polarity checker, this will plug into the outlets and have three lights on it, it will tell you if you have a short, ground or other problem. Most stores like home depot sell them for a few dollars. My feelings are since you turned the coffee pot on a breaker is tripped or there is a GFCI somewhere else. Hope this helps some.

Thank You!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic