RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Prowler: Fleetwood..Everything was working fine pluged in to 110…

Customer Question
I have a Fleetwood prowler...
I have a Fleetwood prowler 2007. Everything was working fine pluged in to 110. I plugged it into a generator and now nothing works. I have flipped all the circuits breakers, etc.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
5/31/2011
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 11 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Have you checked the circuit breaker on the generator?Reset if needed.
Next step if the breaker is OK on the generator is to use a volt ohm meter and check the output voltage from the generator to see if its putting out 110 volts.
Let me know we will go from here if needed.
What I meant to say is that where everything was working off the battery no nothing is working even without the generator. Does the camper have an inline fuse or something like that?
There will be fuses in the converter-30 amp for the charge and battery feed.
Also check the connections at the battery?
At or near the battery there should also be a 12 volt circuit breaker,it will look like these,the gray breaker will have a reset on the end of it as well,push to reset.You can use a test light or volt meter and start at the battery,check for voltage,locate the breaker and check for voltage on both sides,replace the breaker if needed,they some times mount the breaker on the frame under the trailer or even in the 4x4 junction box where the trailer cord is on the front.graphic
gene
gene, RV Mechanic