RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

rv refrif domanic 2820 WILL NOT GO on AC...FUSES..ac HEATER…

RV REFRIF DOMANIC 2820 WILL...
RV REFRIF DOMANIC 2820 WILL NOT GO ON AC. STARTS ON GAS OK. CHECKED BOTH FUSES AND OK AND CHANGED AC HEATER. STILL NOGO
5/29/2011
RV Mechanic: Steve F., RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Steve F.
Steve F., RVIA Certification

Since your fridge works on propane, the solution is likely relatively simple. When you say you have checked the fuses, do you mean the main fridge fuse, or the fuses on the control board, or both? If you haven't checked the control board fuses, you should do so. Let me know if you need help with this, in the meantime, I will assume you have done this.

Fridge AC problems are usually caused by the 110V receptacle the fridge is plugged into losing power. The other possibility of course is that the fridge has come unplugged from the outlet. The first thing for you to do (after the fuses :)), is to make sure you have power at the AC outlet. If not, it's usually because you have a tripped GFCI receptacle somewhere on the coach. Many of the outlets on the RV are protected by one or two GFCI circuits, but many owners are unaware that only the first receptacle on these circuits is an actual GFCI outlet. The rest of the protected circuits are normal outlets and are protected by the main upstream one. Therefore, if you don't have power at the fridge outlet, check your GFCI outlets to make sure they are not tripped. If you don't have power there and you are sure your GFCI circuits are okay, then you either have a power problem, or a damaged GFCI receptacle, which is not entirely uncommon. For now, let's assume this isn't the case.

If you have checked all the fridge fuses, and the fridge receptacle has power, the only two remaining possibilities are really only the heater element and the control board, and you have already replaced the element. Therefore, if your fuses are good, the fridge is plugged into the outlet, and the outlet has power, the next logical thing would be to replace the board.

My guess is that your outlet has lost power, let's hope that's the case.

Please let me know if you require further assistance with this.

Steve F.
Steve F., RVIA Certification