RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Randall, i was working with you on my norcold n621..ac..fault code…

Customer Question
randall, i was working with...
randall, i was working with you on my norcold n621 on monday. i double checked my ac power and it was ok. replaced the board and still has fault code a.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
5/20/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

First verify that you have 120 VAC power to the plug and then coming out of the cord. You may have a bad contact there. With the board cover off...........put the power cord on and check for 120 VAC across that fuse. See the manual. Recheck the connections on the leads to the board. Disconnect the optical plug and reconnect it again. Let me know what you find. I am wondering if the problem may be in the optical.........rare, but it does happen.
Did you put an OEM board back in or Dinosaur Board? Same number? There are numerous power boards that all look the same. Get back to me with what you find. R.J.
i put the dinosaur board on like you suggested, and i put the jumper on to 67.
I don't have a copy of the instruction handy...........was that what they recommended for your model? Go ahead and take the AC readings on the plug, cord and at the fuse to insure you really do have AC to the board. Unplug the optical and plug it back in again. See what happens. I can give Norcold Technical a call, but it would be Monday due to the lateness of the day. R.J.

originally when i talked to you on monday i have 120 to both sides of the fuse and at the ac heater element

Yes, but that was on the old board............do you still have that now? I just don't want to overlook anything. I will look in my files to see if I have a test procedure for the optical. If not, I will give Norcold a call. No florescent lighting? What is the converter you have?
Sometimes this will interfere with the board controls.........but, usually on the OEM boards.
I have to go out for a bit and will check back shortly..........R.J.