RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

pilot: camper..for the hot water heater; also the electronic lighter…

Customer Question
I have a 2nd hand...
I have a 2nd hand 2008 Sun Valley Xtreme camper, 18'; we cannot figure out how to light the pilot for the hot water heater; also the electronic lighter on the gas stove doesn't seem to be working. can you give me advice? (Lisa LaFlam)
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
4/26/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Lisa................Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Please give me the make and model of your appliances so I can get you to the correct manual and guide you in this. The data tag on the water heater is on the outside under the inspection cover on the right hand side. The one for the stove is under the cook top. You should have some manuals that came with this that would give you this as well. R.J.
I am not at the location of the camper at this point. I'll have to look at it later in the week. I the meantime, someone came back to me with a possible solution. will i still be charged for your service?
You are not charged unless you Accept an answer. I haven't given you one yet as I don't know which make and model you have. I can tell you that many problems with pilot light issues are caused by low LP pressure at the regulator. That needs to be checked and adjusted at least once a year. You can take it into a shop to be done. That may resolve this. Get back to me if you need to and I can supply a copy of the Service Manual for this which is very handy to have. Follow up questions are included in our fee. R.J.