RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

gears..97 pace arrow 35 class A...s voltage..Fuses..controller…

Customer Question
Power gears levelers on 97...
Power gears levelers on 97 pace arrow 35' class A. My pump runs, it is full of oil but jacks dont move. I have checked wiring to solinoid's voltage is 12.5v. Fuses are good on controller. any suggestions would be helpful.. chris
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
4/25/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

What is the number on the touch pad if there is one? This will allow me to pull the correct manual for you while I help you track this down. R.J.
controller 500105.power gear. now waiting. for your reply? controll500210 which is obsolete.
O.K, Chris..........Go HERE for a copy of the Service Manual on this. Check the fuses..........especially for the dump valve circuit. Go to the trouble shooting section and do the checks as outlined. Let me know what you find and we can go from there. If the dump valve is being held open they fluid just circulates into the tank again. R.J.
This is the power gears troubling shooting i have been using. The dump valve fuse are good. have checked it several different times. The drawings dont show 2 gal or 2.5 gal. cr, rr, f f1. I have 4 solinoids. Arent they all tied to one jack.
This one HERE starts at the 1999 versions.............but maybe similar. This is going to be a bad control pad or control and that will be an upgraded unit or low voltage or a bad dump valve. Without hooking up a gauge to see what the pressures are you can't know for sure
If the pump runs then the most probable cause is the dump valve is bad and allowing the pressure not to build and the fluid just circulates. R.J.
Randall, I have a total of 4 valves, three are on the top of the block and 3rd is on the bottom. I unpluged the bottom think it was the dump valve. Then i preceded un plug one at a time. no luck. Motor still spins but jack donot move.

are the jacks controlled with 3 valves? meaning the 4th is the dump valve. I assumed the bottom was the dump valve.

I believe you are correct...............if you have just 3 jacks. The dump solenoid might be jammed and that would hold it open. I think that just screws out of the tank..........it has been awhile since I had to change one out. Is part #10 on page 7 of the second manual like yours? If not then the pump may have gone bad. I am betting on the valve though.
You would have to take it out to test it for flow. I don't know if you can see into the tank with a flashlight when the pump is running and see if the fluid looks like it is circulating. Let me know. R.J.
Randall, I have 4 jacks.
i have 3 solinoids on the top row and 1 on the bottom. from left to right 1, 2, 3 and 4th valve on bottom row. I swapped 3rd valve with 4th valve. The front jacks went down whether i press the front or rear. rear did not move. I tried retract all with no luck. I had to drain oil out of cylinder to get jacks to go down. so it appears that the bottom valve is not the dump valve. is there a correct schematic of this systems. All solinoiids have 12.5 volts on them when the panel is turned on. they are switching ground in this case.

I expected the system to retract when retract all was pressed. no luck. which valve is bad. i need to see the drawings for the alum block that the valves attach to.
I do not find one anywhere............and the last time Power Gear updated their website a lot of older stuff disappeared. I would contact Fleetwood Customer Service at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand get one. If you can get a number off of it let me know. I will dig into my older hard copies and see what I can find. R.J.
Randall, I have called everyone int the city and cant find the dump valve. Can you tell me where i can order one from.

thanks chris
All parts have to be ordered through an RV dealer and faxed in to Power Gear. I would try to find a diagram first. Did you try Fleetwood? I am still trying to find something in my old stash.
R.J.