RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1996 fleetwood: with ez glide slide..leveling jacks..four solenoids…

Customer Question
I have a 1996 fleetwood...
I have a 1996 fleetwood southwind with ez glide slide out and power gear leveling jacks. Both stopped working. There are four solenoids for slide out. I can bypass solenoids and run the slide out is there a wiring diagram for this setup? Can I update with newer system 1 or 2 solenoids? As for the jacks motor runs like crazy fluid is fine so is the dump valve. With dump valve removed wouldn't it pump fluid out the hole. Any advice would be great. Thanks, travis
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
4/5/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Lets begin with the slide out problem............go HERE for the manual on this system. I would print out a copy so you have this for next time. Please read this over and then let me know what the room does or doesn't do. Does the pump come on and just not move the room? Please explain in more detail and we can go from there. R.J.
When it worked sometimes i would just hear a click, I tapped one of the solenoids and it would work. It finally would only travel out so I replaced the solenoid I thought was bad, nothing not even a click. After doing some testing and trying to figure how the wiring works I forgot exactly how a couple wires go. I should have taken a picture before I got too deep in wires. If I had a diagram with four solenoids to motor it would help. I've found lots of images with two solenoids to motor.
You might try giving Fleetwood Customer Service a call at 800 322 8216 and see if they can fix you up with a wiring diagram. Always best to make one when you disconnect these things. Sounds like you need to get that wired back up first before we can go much further on the trouble shooting. R.J.
I've tried fleetwood for wiring diagram. No luck. Ill start from scratch and figure it out. Thanks anyway. Any clue on the jacks? Does the pump go bad on these usually?
Not as a rule.............what is the make and number on the touch pad or are they a joystick control? Lots of early Fleetwood models used HWH jacks. Get back to me with this and I can help you. Is the pump running or not? R.J.
I explained a little in first question. It is power gear and the motor runs like crazy. They are not automatic. I will have to get back to you on the model. Meanwhile I will take resevoir off to get to the pump. Thanks
Don't do that just yet...............you might not have to go that far. Let me get you hooked up with a manual first and then we can go from there. You need to be very careful when disconnecting any hydraulic line that you aren't sure has pressure or not as the pressure can cut you badly and that fluid is exceptionally toxic! R.J.
I have already seen any literature on it. There is no pressure in the lines.
O.K...............it does sound like the pump may be bad, but until I know the model of your system I can't offer much more. The pump or manifold should have some part numbers on them. Is this a joystick control? That usually has a number on it as well. R.J.
I tore into the pump today. The gear broke off the shaft coming from the motor. Just have to find parts now. As for the slide out I guess I just had to step away for a few days. I found a blown fuse marked power seats (don't have them) for the switch. A little trial and error on the wiring and it works! Thanks for your time, travis
If those jacks are an HWH product then they still have parts I believe. Any RV dealer can get them for you. I believe the pump works for both the slides and the jacks doesn't it? Most are so it you fix the one it will fix the other. Let me know if you need more on this, Travis............thanks for hanging in there! R.J.