RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

it plugged into 110 it is running off the batteries

Customer Question
I have a 268dl sprindale...
I have a 268dl sprindale and w/it plugged into 110 it is running off the batteries. Is there a no fault, a breaker or fuse that is tripped?
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
3/29/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

I do not quite understand the question............did you mean it is NOT running off the batteries? Please clarify this and I can assist you further. R.J.
The RV is plugged into 110 and does not seem to be running off the 110, it is running off the batteries. The outlet it is plugged to is good, and when the batteries run down there is no power in the RV. It is my understanding that the 110 when plugged in should override the batteries for power in the RV and should also keep the batteries charged. I have checked wiring into the RV and it looks good, checked one gfi outlet and it is working and checked the two breakers in box next to the doorway and they were on. What should i check next.
When the batteries run down there is no power or any kind or just 12 VDC power? You don't have an inverter do you? This should have a converter that charges the batteries off the shore cord when hooked up. Take a look at the power center where all the fuses and breakers are and give me the make and model so I can grab that manual. R.J.
model on the breaker box is WF-8955AN w/Plastic. And right when the batteries run down there is 0 power even if the RV is plugged in to 110, except micro wave has power, I assume that it is directly wired..
Check the reverse polarity fuses which are two 30 amp blade fuses which are out of line with the others and see if they are blown. This happens when you get the polarity on the batteries wrong. The other thing to check is the breaker near the batteries. Some need to be manually reset...........they look like this HERE. Push the button in to reset. They have to be within 18" of the batteries by code. Let me know what you find. A multimeter is very helpful here to measure the output voltage of the converter. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Get back to me if this isn't resolved and we can take a test of the converter to see if that is the problem. They do make repair parts for those. R.J.