RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Expedition: 17,000 miles,a 2005 Fleetwood excursion with 48,760 miles…

Customer Question
I awood Expedition with 60,000...
I awood Expedition with 60,000 miles.m looking at a 2004 Fleetwood revolution with 17,000 miles,a 2005 Fleetwood excursion with 48,760 miles and a 2003 Fleet.Unit wise which is better ?Any quirks with any of these units?
Sam Hester
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
3/27/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

I responded to your first post............get back to me with more information and I can assist you. R.J.

I am looking at several motorhomes on Good Sam 's webb site.I do not know the difference in the units and I was wondering if there is one that is more reliable or has less problems.The units are Fleetwood Providence,Excursion,Expedition and Revolution. All are low milage from 18,000 to 60,000 which is the 2001,The other units are 2003 ,2004 and 2005.All are diesel most are Cummins with 6 speed allison transmissions.This is my first Motor Home so I know nothing much about this business.I Hesterknow this is general info but you must have input on these units. I am pretty much set on Fleetwood.I seem to like their coaches better.

They are all good units..............and without knowing what each one has I really can't comment much. You can go HERE for the NADA website to check on the actual value of each one. You do have to know what equipment it has to fill in on the form so you know if you are getting a good buy or not. You can go HERE to check for recalls on any model.
The best thing is to get a certified technician to go with you and take a look at any you are interested in and give you his opinion and he knows what to look for. Well worth whatever he charges. Most are pretty reasonable and it can't be someone who works at the same dealership. Check around as the price varies quite a bit. Lots of good units out there. Check the various blogs and trade magazines online to see what other owners have to say about these. Go HERE to the Fleetwood Brochure Library to see a brochure on any of these you are interested in. This gives you some idea of the floor plans and features. In the end this is a very subjective process............kind of like the old "which is better..........Ford or Chevy?" You will get 10 different answer when you ask 10 people. I will say that Good Sam's extended insurance coverage is about the best. Very good when it comes time to pay up. Hope that helps some. R.J.

Do you think Fleetwood is one of the better units? One of the units I am really looking at is .a 2004 Fleetwood Revolution with 18,000 miles loaded.Sales price is $47,000 it is certified by Good Sam. Does that mean anything? Of course I would have it checked out by a technician the only problem is the unit is Illinois and I am in Georgia.

I think Fleetwood makes a good product.............most all the manufacturers do now. Winnebago makes good ones as well. Remember that most all the parts and systems on these coaches are made by others and the manufacturer just puts their name on the unit.
The chassis is made by someone and so are all the systems and appliances. Check the price on NADA to see if that is a fair price. Then Google that year and model and find out others that are for sale. Someone in your area may have a good buy as well. Many private owners list theirs on places like RVT.com HERE. Compare prices and features. Damon makes a good coach. Most Good Sam extended warranties are dependent on the mileage. Keep that in mind. I would find out why someone would trade in a unit with only 18,000 miles.........perhaps it is a repo or a distress sale. Ask questions! R.J.

Both of the Revolution units are for sale by individuals and both are distress sales due to the economy and about to lose their business.Does the Good Sam Certification mean anything and is their extended warranty good.From what I have read they have a good reputation in the industry.How much does it cost on average to get a technician to really check out a unit and where do you fine a good technician .They will give me 5 days to check out either unit is that enough time? As far as the Fleetwood I guess I just like the looks of them.

Good Sam has the best extended warranty I think..........and if these check out when you check NADA for value then you probably can't go wrong. Check with the dealers in your area and see who in the Service Department does these checks for people. The cost will vary. Check on a few and make sure they are certified technicians. If they have been in this business for many years they will know what to look for. 5 days should be plenty of time. Get his opinion as to what he thinks. Generally newer is better and lower miles but on diesel pushers 50K miles is nothing...........hope this helps. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification