RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I recently purchased a Vu Qube Satellite Dish for use on my…

Customer Question
I recently purchased a Vu...
I recently purchased a Vu Qube Satellite Dish for use on my 2008 Winnebago View Motorhome. I contacted a local RV dealer and they seemed reluctant to install the unit and stated that if they did attempt the install it would probably cost about $500.00. The list of standard equipment on my View stated that a TV satellite system prep is located in the roof. The Vu Qube satellite antenna attaches to the ladder of the RV and does not require any permanent attachment to the roof. I would like to install the unit myself and would like to know how I access the roof prep system and any other help you might offer concerning this installation. I have purchased the Flex installation system with the dish. Any help would be greatly appreciated. XXXXX XXXXX Missoula,Montana XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/3/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

What is the model number of your coach as given by Winnebago? Get back to me with this and I can assist you further. R.J.

The Model Number is XXXXX WD524H Please let me know if you need further information. I have the instructions that came with the unit.

Thanks for your quick response.

Go HERE for the various wiring schematics for this series. Some do and some don't. You may have to verify this by giving Winnebago a call at this site HERE. If they prewired this to the roof it shouldn't be too hard. Most coaches have a "patch" or cover on the roof with that marked on it............Get back to me if you need more. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification