RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

purchased a used 2005 jayco eagle 5th wheel..book says..tanks…

we just purchased a used...
we just purchased a used 2005 jayco eagle 5th wheel 291RLS...the book says it has 2 grey water tanks, one for galley one for bathroom...cannot find the valve to open galley drain, any idea where to look...
1/28/2011
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

If this has a center kitchen it is usually located right behind the front wheel on the driver's side of the coach. It may be located fairly high and next to the belly pan covering and hard to see. If this is a rear kitchen then it will be towards the back. Please get back to me if you still need help on this. R.J.
ok, he said that the one up high and hard to see is the lavatory and shower drain...but the kitchen sink one he cannot find..its a center of the coach kitchen in a slide out
It has to be right in line with the sink..........is the kitchen sink in the slide out? Are there two drains handles next to each other? Look on the frame to see if they had the rod coming out through the frame instead of underneath. I don't have a drawing of this coach and I can't get ahold of any information until morning........R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
yes the sink is in the slide out. I will tell him to look tomorrow in daylight hopefully :) and maybe we can figure something out, owners manual does not show the handles.
This can easily be missed in the dark................unless you have a real good flashlight. The dealer is supposed to show you all these things. Get back to me in the morning if you need more help. R.J.
If you still can't locate it you can give Jayco Customer Service a call at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand give them the last 8 numbers of your VIN number and they can pull the print for your coach and tell you where this is located. If you can obtain prints of the plumbing and wiring I would highly recommend this as these things are very helpful for trouble shooting and we don't have access to them on some coaches. Hope that helps and please let me know when you do get this so I can note my files. R.J.
Thanks for the positive Feedback comment.........much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. You can always ask for me by name. Most of the time I can give you a quick answer and save you a bunch of $$$ besides. Get back to me if you need more help on this........... R.J.