RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Imperial: the power transfer switch located..holiday rambler…

Customer Question
Where is the power transfer...
Where is the power transfer switch located at on a 1994 holiday rambler imperial travel trailer 34 footer
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: RV
11/24/2010
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 11 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
What is the problem you are having,12 volt or 110 volt?
the problem is 110
The transfer switch will be located near the power cord door,They are normally under the bed in the rear or the night stand to the right.The problem is no power from the generator?Correct?
I looked under the bed. The only thing there is the slide out control. The main power cord hooks up on the far back corner of the unit. I can't find the power switch control switch. I have a generator and i get 110 from there but when i hook up to land line i have no 110. I'm stumped and don't know what to do
The transfer switch lets the power from the power cord straight through,the only time it switches is when the generator supplies power to it,then it switches.Where is the breaker box,is it in a brown flip down door with the fuses and breakers in it?Is the unit 30 amp or 50 amp service?graphicDoes the breaker box look like this?
Well if its not the power control switch why am i not getting power. I checked all the breakers and fuses they all seem to be fine. And i'm getting power from the pole
We will figure this out,is this your breaker panel I sent the photo of?Is it 30 or 50 amp service?
Well if its not the power control switch why am i not getting power. I checked all the breakers and fuses they all seem to be fine. And i'm getting power from the pole. I have 50 amp seviceIt is 50 amp thank you for helping me
Ok,where is you 110 volt breaker panel located?Without looking at the unit,the transfer will be near the 110 volt breaker box,or in the electric cord compartment,I have also seen Holiday Rambler put converters and transfers under the unit,there will be an access panel you remove to access the units.I can opt out and see if another expert knows exactly where it is,if you like.We need to locate the transfer switch to test it with a meter,as you know already.Was the generator factory installed?Have you removed the 110 volt beaker panel in the coach?
it was factory installed and i have not taken it out
Pull the cover off the breaker box,Holiday also put the relays in the box as well or a box next to the breaker box.
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Did you locate the relays?