RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Imperial: RV..AC to start correctly - - the Norcold..rust…

I have norcold model 1200LRIM...
I have norcold model 1200LRIM in Holiday Imperial 2001. Recent work on the RV caused me to have a little trouble getting AC to start correctly - - the Norcold will not start. Turn unit on the usual screen AU/AC pops up - -blinks a few times then AU/AC stops and nc co pops up and the usual beep starts as it does when in the past something happens such as when the LP will not light due to rust or something gets in the line. I await your solution and thank you ahead !!!! XXXXX XXXXXX ([email protected])
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/10/2010
RV Mechanic: Steve F., RVIA Certification replied 12 years ago
Steve F.
Steve F., RVIA Certification

First, you should try resetting the code to see if that clears it up. Click HERE for that procedure. If it's the wrong one let me know.

If that doesn't work, let me know and we can start walking through some troubleshooting. If the code is valid then it's likely a bad cooling unit, but reset the board first.

My front panel has no diagnostic mode only temp setting, mode of operation and on/off - -and I have no service manual - -only owners manuel and installation manual. If I try to find problem using power board where will I find this board location?? Thanks

Dewey Young

The board is on the back of the fridge behind a black plastic cover.

The power board reset method is the one I was thinking you should try.

HERE is the service manual for your fridge I believe.

My computer is telling me there is an error in the message and PDF will not transmit message
One more thing has occurred to me - -the ref failure and AC failure and waterpump all have had a problem. All this has happen since two things occurred - -I had the house batteries replaced and while the slide over my interior steps was being covered with a very thin hardwood (replacing carpet) it broke the return pully for the slide (which was powered byair pressure). The AC finally recycled to where it was running correctly, the water pump began to work after the pump was primed. The ref worked for a short time (enough to get the freezer section cold and then cut off). I have attempted to send this information to you earlier -I don't know if yoou received it!!

Okay, could be a glitch caused by the power problem.

Try resetting the code first, HERE, or HERE for a slightly different procedure.

HERE is the manual again. If you can't open them, you have to install acrobat reader HERE

Let me know if resetting the code fixes your problem. If the code re-appears, reset it one more time, and if it still sets the code, take the power board out and take it to an RV service center for testing. If the board fails, replace it, if not, your cooling unit probably needs replacing, although if you can get it to cool, this is probably not the case.

Steve F.
Steve F., RVIA Certification