RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our travel trailer..two batteries and a propane tank.

Our travel trailer has not...
Our travel trailer has not been used yet this season (I know, the season is about over!) but we plan to use it over Labor Day weekend. It has two batteries and a propane tank. The batteries are low but we have it plugged in to electricity. The propane tank is full. We are unable to get the heater to light. The fan comes on but it doesn't even try to ignite. Any ideas?
9/1/2010
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 12 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
The furnace requires 12 volts to operate correctly,if you have a meter be sure there is 12 volts to the heater,light the burners on the stove to bleed any air out of the lines,then try the heater.If you can give me a make and model of the heater I can pull a service manual to help get this resolved.let me know.
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Did you get the furnace working?
No. We tried charging the batteries and the lights are still really dim so we are assuming there is not enough charge to ignite the furnace. Thanks for your help!
The converter needs to be checked to see if it is charging the batteries,also check the fuses in the converter,near the battery there will be a reset breaker,it will look like these,the gray breaker has a rest button on the end,reset if needed.graphic