Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1994 Terry travel trailer and I cannot find the breaker

I have a 1994 Terry travel trailer and I cannot find the breaker panel. All of the AC outlets are working but the refrigerator, air conditioner and all of the DC lights do not work. The battery has a full charge. Everything was working including the air conditioner and all of a sudden the airconditoner and all the lights went out. I expect a breaker or a fuse but I cannot locate them.
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this. Many people don't see this as the power center if you have a Magnetek unit which most of this era do. Go HERE to see what they look like. Brown and a black twist knob on the top. Top door folds down to access the fuses and breakers. Usually near the floor level in the kitchen or on the bed pedestal area. Get back to me if you don't locate it. R.J.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I found the breaker panel. There is no 12 volts at the panel. Is there a junction box or other connection in the red wire going from the battery to the 12 volt distribution panel?
Check for the resettable breaker at your batteries. They look like these HERE and some are auto reset and some like the gray one you have to push in the button on the side to reset them. They have to be within 18 inches of the batteries by code. The positive lead from the battery should lead you right to it. See if there is voltage going through it. It may have burned out. If you do replace it, be sure that the copper colored post is towards the battery. You can hook them up backwards. R.J.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The red wire goes straight into a panel under the trailer. Thepanel is about 18" square and is fastened with small screws about 4 to 6" apart.
It will be under there, or should be...........some do that just to keep them out of the elements. At least that is what is supposed to be the case. Some are mounted on a frame rail in plain sight but they get rusty out in the weather. R.J.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I took off the panel cover and the red wire is attached to what appear to be relays of some sort. The connection to these devices were very loose. I tightened all the connections and everything seems to be working normally now. Thank you very much for your help.

Good job! Thanks for letting me know and hope you will give me a "shout" next time you need some help. Most of the time I can guide you through a repair and include a manual and save you a ton of time and money. R.J.
Thanks for the positive Feedback comment.........much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. You can always ask for me by name. Most of the time I can give you a quick answer that can save you a bunch of money and save you having to make and appointment to get into a dealer. Just Bookmark this page and you can come back to it at any time. R.J.