RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

norcold..rv...morning the fridge switched its self to propane…

Customer Question
I have a norcold serial...
I have a norcold serial #03057 model 682bn. I have it plugged in at home when we are not using the rv. I noticed this morning the fridge switched its self to propane. So when I checked it I could not get it to switch back to electric. So I shut off the propane supply thinking maybe it would switch then. But now I have nothing, it will not work in electric or propane. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: RV
7/28/2010
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 12 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Is there 110 volts to the outlet at the back of the fridge?
Are the lights coming on on the panel inside,if not check for 12 volts at the back of the fridge to the control board.
Here is a manual on the unit,this will help in troubleshooting the fridge.
Yes there is 110 to the back side. When this first happened I had no lights on the panel. I normally run the fridge in normal operation but nothing seemed to work. So I pushed high humidity and it kicked on the propane and started to work. But I still cant get it to work with out the propane. I checked the batteries and charged them so that side of it i think is ok.
If you remove the cover on the control panel there are two fuses,check the fuses and let me know,the manual I sent you shows where they are.