RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My AC unit in our class C RV on the generator..low fuel..blower fan…

Customer Question
I ran my AC unit...
I ran my AC unit in our class C RV on the generator last weekend. The generator shut down due to low fuel switch while the AC was running. Now the blower fan will not self start. If spun while power is on the fan will run in the direction it is spun, forward or backward.
Do I need a new blower motor.
This is a Airxcel model 8000 series roof top unit.
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: RV
7/16/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 12 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this. It can be a motor or sometimes a start capacitor or PTCR relay going bad can do that. Go HERE for a Service Manual which has the trouble shooting section for you to go through this step by step. A Multimeter will be needed for some of these steps. Get back to me when you are ready to proceed.
R.J.