RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Basement of motor home only work on shore power or does it also run…

Does the refrig/freezer in basement...
Does the refrig/freezer in basement of Motorhome only work on shore power or does it also run when you are traveling and not plugged in?
7/14/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 12 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. What is the make and model of this unit and I can tell you that and perhaps grab a manual for it as well. I will watch for your post. R.J.

We have a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star and the basement refrig/freezer is a Norcold. I believe I saw the unit in the Camping World catalog and they say it runs on 120 or DC. Perhaps you can confirm that. My only concern was that it ran on LP when not on shore power. Thanks so much.

Sandy

Thanks for getting back to me, Sandy...........they make a number of models. Do you know which one you have? It will be on the data tag which is usually on the inside or the back. Once I have that I can get you this information and perhaps a manual as well. R.J.

I am pretty sure I have it figured out now. 120 or DC.......never LP. Thanks for your help anyhow.

Sandy

That was going to be my thought as I haven't seen one that works on LP, but without a model number I never want to guess. Thanks for coming to Just Answer.........maybe we can give you a hand in the future. R.J.

Hi again,

Thanks so much for your help and your promptness as well. Where is the "Accept" tab to press?

That only shows up on your side when I hit "answer" on my side.........and I don't do that unless I feel I have answered your question. This trust thing has to work for both sides. One of the great things about our site is that you never have to pay for a question that you didn't feel was helpful and gave you a good answer. Most times you are trusting us that the answer you get it correct and we trust that when we give a good answer we will get paid for it. Doesn't always work that way, but it is still a great system. Someday you may have another question or a problem with an appliance or system and I hope you come back here and you can even ask for any tech by name. My goal is to give good answers that will save the customer both time and money. Thank you for offering to pay.........very decent of you, but not necessary on this one. Hopefully, there will be a "next time" one day..........Stay safe! R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Again, not necessary............but, appreciated! Thanks! R.J.