RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

dometic..Class B vans.Refrigerator will cool on propane..ac..Freeway…

Customer Question
Have a 2007 Roadtrek 210...
Have a 2007 Roadtrek 210 with the Dometic LP-Gas & Electric Operation (4 cubic feet)
Model RM 2454 R
Purchase RTrek late August 2007 from DeMontrond Houston, TX. Very bad service department for Class B vans.

Refrigerator will cool on propane but not on AC or DC.

Is there a simple fix or must I take it to a reputable repair center. Holiday World on the Gulf Freeway seems to be the only one south of Houston.
Thanks
Dave Criswell
XXX-XXX-XXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: RV
7/13/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 12 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi, Dave...........thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. If you are pretty handy with tools and can read a Service Manual you should be able to do this. Most of the time when this happens it is the heating element or the 120 VAC fuse that controls that circuit or the breaker. Sometimes it is the control board but not as likely. Go HERE for a copy of the Service Manual and read in that area of the trouble shooing guide. I would print out a copy or at least Bookmark this as they are very handy to have. You will need a VOM meter to run some tests and if you don't have one they can be purchased at most hardware and automotive stores, Radio Shack or Walmart for about $15 to $35 for a digital readout version which I think are easier for most people to use. Get back to me if you need more help with this. R.J.