RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

According: dometic..the igniter keeps firing every few seconds..adjust…

I have a dometic RM...
I have a dometic RM 2652 fridge. It works fine in both gas and electric modes except that in gas mode the igniter keeps firing every few seconds even when then fridge is lit and operating. I have tried to adjust the gap according to the manual thinking that the flame sensing was not working but no improvement. What part(s) should I consider changing?
7/5/2010
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 12 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Lets not change any yet,Here is a service manual on the fridge.The first thing to check is the burner,when it is lite you should see fingers coming off the burner,if not-pull the burner assembly,clean the orifice with alcohol and air dry,clean the burner assembly out with compressed air,be sure it is clean.Another thing to check is the LP pressure,it needs to be at 11.5 inches water column,RV repair shop will have to do this,it should be checked once a year along with an LP leak test.Usually cleaning the orifice and burner assembly takes care of it,let me know,we will go from here.
gene
gene, RV Mechanic