RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Marquis: beaver..we plug the shore line in we have power..batterys…

Customer Question
i have a 1998 beaver...
i have a 1998 beaver marquis model 40' opal when we plug the shore line in we have power in and out of breaker box but nothing else has power inside and it will not charge the batterys
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: RV
7/2/2010
RV Mechanic: gene, RV Mechanic replied 12 years ago
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
There is no power at all,a/c's don't work,nothing?Or is it some outlets that are not working,if you have an inverter,there are breakers on it as well,they control most of the outlets and the microwave.Let me know we will go from here.
the outlets underneath in the storage work and one outlet in the back of camper works the rest are dead and the a/c dont work and it will not charge batterys and where are the breakers on the inverter
There should be two breakers on the inverter itself,either push button type or rocker switch,sounds like they are tripped,this will cause the batteries not to charge as well.
we only found one button on it
Was it popped out?Push to reset.
Have you tried this on the generator and see if everything works?
There are a number of things that may be causing this problem,try the generator and let me know.
yes it works on generator except i dont think it was charging the batterys
You will need to check with a volt meter and see if you are getting a charge to the batteries from the inverter,what brand is the inverter?
If the 110 is working on the generator,first thing to check are the adapters if you are using any,I have seen the go bad,especially the 50-30 adapter,you will only get half the 110 volts working in the coach.Let me know.
i dont think the breaker on the inverter was triped and the generator run every thing except charging batterys the only way we could get it to charge batterys was to start the big engine and we are not using any adapters and i'm not sure what kind of inverter it is
I will need a make and model of the inverter so I can tell you how to test the charging portion of it?All the 110 outlets and microwave work off the generator?A/cs as well,nothing on the power cord correct.
i am not for sure that the outlets worked on generator microwave and tvs didnot work i know the a/c did the monitor panel said leg 1 off leg2 off leg 0 amps leg2 o-3amps the inverter is xantrek freedom 458 the coach monitor panel is a cmp-10 also the inverter is inverter/charger
You checked with a volt meter and you have 110 volts at both terminals of the 50 amp breaker in the breaker box when plugged into shore power correct?
The next step is to pull the cover for the wiring on the inverter,it is in the front of the inverter,wires will be marked input and output,be sure you have 110 volts in and coming out,if you take the battery lug covers off on the inverter,you should be getting of 13-14 volts dc when you have the unit plugged in,if not the charge board is out in the inverter,it will have to be pulled and repaired.Check these things and let me know
gene
gene, RV Mechanic