RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Coach..The back passenger slide has a broken hydraulic line..hose…

I have a 2007 country...
I have a 2007 country coach allure. The back passenger slide has a broken hydraulic line. I can see the hose is broke competely into. I think I can replace myself but I'm concerned about gettin the hydraulic hose the goes over the engine and up to the cylinders. Also are the lines in one piece from the front solinoids to the back?
7/1/2010
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 12 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Some are one piece and some are segmented. This can be repaired in place sometimes if you have some extra length which most do. There is a portable crimper that we use for this type of repair. Most coaches have the longest lines available and the excess is just coiled up and zip tied so it is out of the way. These come with a variety of hose and fitting sizes so it you do take it off you want to take it or the number off the hose with you. These can be made up at most RV shops and don't have to be special ordered. Just don't over tighten the fittings when you hook them back up. You will have to cycle the slide a few times to get the air out of the line. The fluid level is set with the slide rooms in. If you can get back to me and tell me who made these units I can probably get you a manual for them. The name is XXXXX XXXXX the switch or on the motor and tank assy. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Yes...........just Bookmark this and you can come back to it any time. Thanks for the positive Feedback comment.........much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Most of the time we can give you a quick answer that can save you a bunch of money and save you having to make and appointment to get into a dealer.
Another tech who used to work for Country Coach told me that you may need to reroute this if the failure was from too much heat..........or put some protective shield around it so this doesn't happen again. R.J.