RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

heater in the water compartment..wiring diagram..terminals..motor home…

I have a 2005 Holiday...
I have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune I was checking the heater in the water compartment because it did not come on last winter I do not have the wiring diagram in my book box the heater has a red wire that has 12V power black wire ground and a small white wire which connect to a small blue wire ( I don't know where these wires go# XXXXX the heater there is a black box on the PC board and 2 terminals with nothing connected to them #could this be the place where the thermostat is hook to? Where can I find a wiring and pluming diagrams for our motor home
6/29/2010
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Can you look on the R/H inside edge of your water heater and give me the make and model number off the data tag. This will be outside under the inspection cover. That way I can pull a manual for you. Get back to me and I can assist you further. R.J.
This heater I am referring to is the cargo heater Model 3000RV voltage 12V DC current 25 AMP wattage 300W this is the heater for cold weather so the lines do'nt freeze where the water pump is.
O.K.............I would give Monaco National Parts a call and they can fix you up with this and a manual. That number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN They only have manuals through their website for the last two years. Please let me know how this works out. Only accept this if you found it helpful..........R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
You are not in any way obligated to accept any answer on this site you do not feel was helpful..........and we don't have tons of manuals lying around. When we need one we go to the same sources we send you to. With hundred and hundreds of makes and models I'd have to have a way bigger house to store them all. Many manufacturers have them online and when they do we provide that as part of our service. You might mention this to Monaco as something to improve their service to their customers. Those heaters go bad all the time and Monaco seems to think they are worth about $300 and most Monaco customers I have dealt with tell them "no thanks" and get their own setup or use a light bulb. R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 6/29/2010 at 5:40 PM EST