RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

White smoke..my rv...oil on the roof came off with car wash and polish…

Customer Question
A semi lost his engine...
A semi lost his engine in front of me and I went thru his White smoke from his stack. A lot of oil was deposited on the paint in the front of my rv. The oil on the roof came off with car wash and polish. The front top I have not been able to get any off. I have tried allmost all products. Full strength Dish soap, Full strength car wash and wax, even tried wd40 which has always taken off everything.

Any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/29/2010
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer...

I can tell you that adhesive cleaner should work. From my experience a little adhesive cleaner with a rag or plastic putty stick should take it off. Many times I have re-done slide rooms and the sealant gets on the fiberglass and the adhesive cleaner has always removed it and has not done any damage, I would do a small area to start. I always have used 3M adhesive cleaner. Hope this helps..

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!

Edited by RV help for u on 6/29/2010 at 3:05 AM EST

I bought some Acetone and tried that. Did Nothing. I bought some GOO Gone. Did Nothing.

Nothing that has been suggested has helped at all.

The oil seems to have penetrated the paint. Probably because it was hot when it hit the paint.

My next move is to try compound and try to buff it out.

Wow that is something else..... I will put this back up for another expert maybe some more ideas will come up.....

Robert