RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

12 volt..5th wheel..I have fresh batteries in the remotes..mounted…

I have both 12 volt...
I have both 12 volt and 110 volt to the control box model number(NNN) NNN-NNNN004 on my 15000 btu unit in my 5th wheel. I have fresh batteries in the remotes. I have no green light on ceiling mounted remote sensor. Unit will not turn on , even when I push the "cool" override button. I have a second 13500 btu unit in the bedroom, same exact situation.
Running out of things to test.....
6/29/2010
gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Hi,Which a/c do you have?

I believe they are Duo-Therm 15000 and 13500 units

Try a reset on the a/c's,pull the fuse that operates them,the green light will go out,wait a few minutes and reinstall fuse,or disconnect the power wire at the a/c control itself,fuse is easier.Try this and let me know.I'll pull a trouble shooting manual for you.

i actually pulled both relay box control units and installed the box from the front a/c unit in the rear a/c unit because they had the same part number. my thoughts were that since the unit seems to be wired in relay from back to front, as far as the 12 volt goes anyway, that maybe the first relay box might be bad. when i wired it all in and turned the power back on, still no green light. i put both boxes back in as wired from factory. i individually checked all 15 amp fuses in my main panel. turned all power back on, still no green light and does not turn on even with pushing "cool" button. is there another reset button or fuse somewhere else ?

Is there 12 volts present to the controls?
They used to get the power for the a/c thermostat from the heater,if you have an Atwood heater with an outside door,there is a 12 volt reset switch on the blower housing,turn it off and back on,I don't have a manual on the remote units,I can opt out and see if another expert has the information you need,or you can give Dometic a call,they are great to work with(NNN) NNN-NNNNThis is all I have on the remote. Let me know.
there is no external door for the furnace. i pulled the return air vent under the refrigerator and the wires run to the far end down into the furnace box. i guess you have to disconect the gas line and pull the furnace box out to access the control portion and the blower motor. what a pain right ? if you dont mind i guess we can throw it out there for everyone. i appreciate it...
I will go ahead and opt out and see if someone else has some ideas for you,you can also contact Dometic with that number as well.
thank you
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Go HERE for a copy of the Service Manual for your unit. It is quite long and you may want to print out a copy for future reference or at least Bookmark it. They have had lots of trouble with these remote control systems and I see Gene has given you the instructions for the reset procedure. In the Service Manual go to the section on testing the phone cable to the receiver. If you have 12 VDC going into the control module AND the switch is in the "on" position if you have the furnace suppling the voltage then the module should show 12 VDC coming out of it no the cord to the receiver. Use a standard phone jack to test this. The manual shows a diagram for this. Don't forget to put the control boxes back in their original places as they may have the dip switches set differently or at least check that. The manual gives you that as well. They have made some changes in this setup and some parts are NLA and I will check that for you. Take your VOM meter and see if you have power coming out of the cables first. And if you don't and decide to try a new cable, DON'T get a standard phone cable as they are wired differently on the plugs. Go HERE for a manual that covers your ceiling assy. This may help you on this in additional to the Service Manual. Get back to me and let me know what you find. I am not certain you will have much luck with Dometic as they usually just refer you to a dealer. I will watch for your post. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Thanks for the positive Feedback comment and for the bonus.........much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Most of the time we can give you a quick answer that can save you a bunch of money and save you having to make and appointment to get into a dealer. R.J