RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Cruise Master w/ 2 slides has a problem..push..lights dim…

Customer Question
Our 2002 36'Georgie boy MH...
Our 2002 36'Georgie boy MH "Cruise Master w/ 2 slides" has a problem with the front living room slide out. It is out and won't come back in. When you push the in button the lights dim and nothing happens. Could you please give me some info on what to look at and check, I am able to do the repair work when needed on things. Also there is a 10 amp fuse under the stering wheel that has gotten hot and melted. It controls the steps. My question for that is, can I move that wire and fuse to another space not being used because it is melted and can not be used.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: RV
6/28/2010
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There!!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer....

The first thing I would do for the slide room is to have the battery tested. IF the lights are going dim the battery may not have enough juice to run that motor for the room. Most auto parts stores should be able to load test the battery free of charge. This is the best test and will tell you the condition of the battery. IF this is an all electric slide room you can find the motor and jumper the motor directly to see if the room runs in. I suspect you have low voltage, the room is dragging or the motor is bad.

You should be able to move that wire and fuse to an open spot but I would keep an eye on that one. Make sure the correct rated fuse is being used for that and check all your connections at the step.

Hope this helps..

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!

Can you tell me how to let in the slidout maunaly

IF you can tell me the manufacturer of the slideroom I might be able to help out more, IF not I would be more then happy to put this back up for another expert...

Thanks, Robert

Georgie Boy 2002 36'

OK

I am going to Opt Out for another expert, sometimes the manufacturer name is XXXXX XXXXX switch for the slideout, there are several manufacturers. I want you to have the best answer and maybe another expert know which type you have.... I do not know when another expert will be able to respond...

Robert

will someone else email me

IF another experts feels they can assist you they will respond, it is hard for me to say which system you have and there are different ways to bring them in. IF I knew the system I could help you more, I am hoping another expert knows what your RV has for the slide room...

Robert