RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

dometic..wook and frig cools but check lamp comes..3 degrees..circuit…

having entermittent problem with Dometic...
having entermittent problem with Dometic frig NDR1292 ;;Check lamp ;;I have a remote temp in frig and temps range from 37--41..Electric and gas both wook and frig cools but check lamp comes on after a peroid of time, it sometimes clears with a power down and up.Temp range switch will change temp about 3 degrees from 1 to 5...What does the check lamp circuit check?
6/28/2010
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. This can be caused by several things. Be sure that the batteries are in good shape and full of water and all the terminals are clean and tight. Next I would do a check on the thermistor circuit. That is that small bulb like wire on the cooling fins. Be sure you mark which fin it came off of. Also that the actual bulb on the end contact the fin. Take the other end loose off the control board. You can take the cover off once you remove that single screw on top and pry the sides loose and it will come off. The thermistor is the two lead plug on the upper L/H corner of the board. With the bulb end submerged in ice water take a VOM meter and take a ohms reading on this with a probe on each side of the plug. It should read from 7K to 10K ohms. Check the ground leads on the control board and the connections on the feed from the coach. Loose or dirty connections can cause fluctuations on the board current and this can set the check light off. That is just telling you the refer is "off" for some reason and to "check" it out. Lastly, it may be the control board itself. You can have that checked at any RV shop. Go HERE for a copy of a manual for this if you don't have one. Please get back to me if you need more help with this. R.J.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Sorry for the delay,busy with family. Did check on sensor 7.2K in ice water..System did work sometimes on both electric and gas.. if check lite was out. On trip to Vermont from Michigan no operation on gas, ran gen. to keep it cool;;; Replaced controler(pwr. board} This corrected problem..
Most of the time that is the problem.............and glad you got it fixed. Please keep us in mind next time you have an RV problem that needs quick resolution. R.J.
Thanks for the positive Feedback comment.........much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. You can always ask for me by name. Most of the time I can give you a quick answer that can save you a bunch of money and save you having to make and appointment to get into a dealer. Just Bookmark this page and you can come back to it at any time. R.J.